Project Manager and Managing Director, Enrico Fontanta, provided a project update at the Move Oahu Forward meeting on October, 16, 2013 at the Pacific Club. Honolulu Mayor, Kirk Caldwell, HART Executive Director, Dan Grabauskas, MOF Co-chair, Richard Dahl, and MOF Director, Jennifer Goto Sabas, were in attendance.
The Women in Transportation Seminar (WTS), Hawaii Chapter, conducted the “Career Opportunities Networking” event on October 24, 2013 at Oahu Country Club. AHJV met with students and presented our company and job opportunities.
AHJV and other major primes Kiewit Infrastructure, Skanska, Hawaiian Dredging and Nordic PLC attended the HART Industry Day on October 16, 2013 at the Honolulu Country Club, and discussed potential subcontracting opportunities with tens of local contractors and DBE firms.
This is Who We Are and What We Do - It is Our Goal to Make Honolulu a Better Place to Live, Work and Play.
Ansaldo Honolulu JV, a partnership between Ansaldo STS and AnsaldoBreda, has assembled a team of experienced leaders in the Transit industry to provide you with a world-class rail transit system that offers the utmost in comfortable, reliable, safe, and cost-effective transportation.
We will provide the core systems, including vehicles, driverless train control, communications, and more. The Hawaii-based Ansaldo Honolulu JV O&M Company, requiring more than 300 local jobs for local people, will also operate and maintain the complete system until 2029.
Our goal is to make Honolulu a better place to live, work and play by providing you with:
- A best-in-class driverless metro system
- A world-class design based on the system voted World's Best Metro in 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Operations and Maintenance provided by a highly experienced team
- A strong commitment to create and sustain local high technology employment
- A system from a company with proven rail vehicle delivery experience, and final assembly plant, having been in business in the USA since 1970's
- A tried and tested automatic train control and protection system, engineered in the USA
- An advanced and proven safety system
Stay up to date on Honolulu's exciting Rail Project by visiting the HART website.